Institute of Bast Crops of the National Academy of Agrarian Sciences of Ukraine is a main institution of scientific maintenance in the sphere of flax- and hemp-growing in Ukraine and producer of elite seeds of bast- and grain-crops, grasses and potato for the farms of Sumy and other regions of Ukraine.
Main directions of activity of the Institute:
- Breeding of fibre flax and hemp;
- Production of original seeds of the varieties of the Institute's selection;
- Technology of growing of bast crops;
- Mechanization of harvesting of fibre flax and hemp;
- Primary processing of flax and hemp raw materials;
- Standardization of the products of bast crops;
- Economy of the branches of flax- and hemp-growing;
- Primary and elite seed-growing of the varieties of grain crops, potato and grasses;
- Manufacture and trials of experimental samples of the machinery for flax and hemp harvesting and processing.