ING Barings is the international corporate and investment banking arm of the Netherlands based ING Group, one of the largest financial services groups in Europe, with market capitalization of approximately USD 60 billion and assets of over USD 450 billion. ING Group has over 80,000 employees in more than 50 countries, and is the largest foreign employer in Central and Eastern Europe with approximately 15,000 employees in the region.
ING Barings is one of the leading banks in emerging markets, including Central and Eastern Europe, Asia, and Latin America. ING Bank N.V. opened a representative office in Kiev in 1994 and, in December 1997, was registered as a 100-percent foreign-owned subsidiary bank. ING Barings Ukraine commenced its banking operations on April 3, 1998.
ING Barings Ukraine is a universal bank offering the full range of corporate and investment banking services for its clients, including, among others:
- traditional corporate banking services for multinational corporations as well as leading Ukrainian enterprises, including cash management, commercial lending, domestic and international payments, and trade and commodity finance;
- custody operations;
- arranging and underwriting eurobonds, local currency bonds, and various other forms of sovereign, municipal, and corporate debt;
- public share offerings with listing on domestic and international stock exchanges;
- advisory services for, and financing of, mergers and acquisitions;
- project finance;
- financial and advisory participation in international privatization tenders for Ukrainian companies;
- trading of equities and fixed income instruments;
- and foreign exchange and money market operations.