Head of SOE KMDB: General Designer of Armoured Vehicles and Artillery Systems - O. Babych
The SOE KMDB is a leading company in Ukraine that has overall responsibility for the development, improvement (modernization), manufacture and tests of both new prototypes as well as existing tracked and wheeled armoured fighting vehicles of heavy and light class.
Performance and specifications of the armoured vehicles developed by the SOE KMDB are at the same level with the best foreign analogues.
Vehicles developed by the SOE KMDB are as follows:
- Main Battle Tanks T-80UD, BM Oplot;
- Main Battle Tank Yatagan (equipped with autoloader mounted in turret bustle, 120 mm gun that can fire both NATO-standard ammunitions and guided missiles developed in Ukraine);
- Main Battle Tank Bulat (the T-64 upgraded up to the level of the BM Oplot);
- Heavy Infantry Fighting Vehicle BMT (it has the same technical specifications as that of the battle tank and can carry a troop of 5);
- Armoured Repair and Recovery Vehicle BREM;
- Armoured Personnel Carrier BTR-3.
The SOE KMDB has developed upgrade packages for the following vehicles:
- T-54, T-55, T-59, T-62, T-72 Main Battle Tanks;
- BTR-50, BTR-60, BTR-70 Armoured Personnel Carriers;
- BRDM-2 Armoured Reconnaissance Vehicle;
- other vehicles.
The SOE KMDB also develops and manufactures combat vehicle crew training facilities including Dynamic Computer-based Training Simulators.