"Kharkiv Automobile Repair Works" was created in February, 1944 to carry out major repairs of caterpillar machinery and internal combustion engines for the front-line forces. The plant is awarded the Order of the Red Star.
During the process of technology improvement and increasing the production capacity, the following sectors were created at the enterprise:
- foundry with iron, steel and non-ferrous casting departments;
- mechanical and wood processing sectors;
- sector of welding electrode production;
- major repairs of truck cranes and road-building machinery;
- repair and production of buses, etc.
Today the plant is a large repair enterprise under the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine.
"Kharkiv Car Repair Works" has a branched network of roads with firm surface as well as access railway lines, which provide access of trains to the main production divisions.
The value of fixed assets of the enterprise for 01.08.1999 is UAH 12,200,000.
Activity of the enterprise:
- Major repair of caterpillar transporters-tractors and engineering machinery, truck cranes and excavators of any type, buses of all marks, diesel engines of YaMZ class;
- Production of city buses of high tonnage, welding electrodes, tractor hitches C-11U, consumer goods, skidding machines of large carrying capacity TM-96 on the basis of ATC-59G tractor, transport caterpillar machine TGM-126.
- Modernization of buses of any mark and T-150 tractor with the installation of an YaMZ engine.
Production potential of the enterprise, skill level of the personnel and professional standard of the specialists allow "Kharkiv Car Repair Works" to carry out 7,000 major repairs of YaMZ engines and 1,000 major repairs of tractors a year. They are also able to produce up to 2,000 tons of electrodes and modernize up to 400 tractors a year, as well as to manufacture other products meeting consumer requirements.