Dnipropetrovsk Regional Economic Development Agency was created as a joint-stock company in February 1997.
From the point of view of the kind of activities the Agency is an informational and analytic consulting organization.
Main Tasks of the Agency:
- development and implementation of regional programs and local economic development projects,
- informational support of enterpreneurship and implementation of up-to-date economic mechanisms,
- active promotion of economic transformation in Dnipropetrovsk region,
- development and implementation of international cooperation programs,
- improvement of investment process in the region,
- studying and wide spreading of world experience,
- development and implementation of European integration regional programmes.
Programmes and International Activities
The Agency constantly develops its international contacts. A system of international cooperation was created. The following structures are business partners of the Agency: UNIDO (United Nations Industrial Development Organization), UNDP (United Nations Development Programme), World Bank, International Finance Corporation, International Labour Organization, various international funds and organizations, foreign companies.
Cooperation with European Association of Development Agencies (EURADA)
A special attention is being paid to implementation of Regional Program of European Integration and to cooperation with European Association of Development Agencies (EURADA). The Agency is an associated member of EURADA since 2000.
Cooperation with UNIDO and UNDP
The Economic Development Agency implements the regional development programme of Regional Development Project (in cooperation with UNIDO and UNDP).
Services Rendered by the Agency:
- development and implementation of all kinds of financial projects (investments, loans, leasing),
- informational and analytic service,
- creation of production and enterprises,
- implementation of new technologies,
- assistance in establishing business contacts with foreign companies and development of international cooperation,
- organization of educational projects,
- organization of conferences, seminars, economic missions,
- activities in the fields of advertisement and exhibitions,
- organization of PR-programmes.