JSC "UPEC" is one of the largest Ukrainian companies specialized on machine building business. It was established in 1995. The industrial group UPEC includes three directions of activity:
- production of components - jsc "Kharkov Bearing Plant" (HARP), ltd "Lozovsky forging-Mechanical Plant" (LKMZ), ltd "Ukrainian Casting company" (ULK);
- electrotechnical - jsc "Kharkov Electrical Engineering Plant "Ukrelectromash" (HELZ);
- machine-tool - jsc "Kharkov Kosior Machine-Tool Building Plant Kharverst"
The enterprises of the industrial group produce components, basically, for such industries as automotive industry, rail transport, road-building machinery, agricultural engineering and metallurgy.
UPEC also consists of jsc "Sewing Factory Named after Tinyakov", jsc "Transservis Inc.", "Enrgoprom Inc.", ZAO "UKTB PP", jsc "Investresurs", TRK "Sigma" (Lozovaya) and other enterprises.
Nowadays, about 10 thousand people work at the enterprises of the group. Its consolidated gross revenue was about 1,2 billion UAH in 2007.
UPEC possesses successful experience of crisis management, creation of efficient machine building manufacturing, restructuring of huge industrial enterprises, implementation of up-to-date marketing policy, and realization of investment projects of many millions. Activity of the company focuses on engineer solutions in producing components for key industries, basic technologies and staff.
Recognition of quality
In 2007, three enterprises of the industrial group UPEC were the members of the list "30 leading machine building enterprises" according to the results of annual rating "Top-100 of the best companies of Ukraine" composed by financial-economic weekly "Investgazeta" and daily economic newspaper "Delo":
- JSC "Kharkov Bearing Plant";
- Ltd "Lozovsky Forging-Mechanical Plant";
- JSC "Kharkov Electrical Engineering Plant "Ukrelectromash".
JSC "Kharkov Bearing Plant" is also present in the rating "the most innovative companies of Ukraine" composed by publishing home "Halitskie contrakty".