Director - Galyna Fadeenko, Doctor of Medical Sciences, professor
Founder, organizer Institute - Lyubov Mala. She is the Academician of the National Science Academy (1993), Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine (1993) and Academy of Medical Sciences of Republic (1974). Hero of Socialist Labour (1979), State Prize winner (1980).
The institute deals with:
- studying of the causes of ailments' becoming chronic and research of the methods of early diagnostics and prophylaxis of the most widespread internal diseases (those of cardiovascular system, respiration tract, gastrointestinal tract and kidneys);
- Cardiovascular diseases: ischemic heart diseases, acute myocardial infarction, arterial hypertension, chronic heart failure
- Lungs diseases: chronic obstructive lungs diseases
- Abdominal tract diseases, liver diseases, pancreas (peptic ulcer, gastritis, colitis, hepatitis, pancreatitis)
- Kidney diseases: nephropathy, chronic renal insufficiency
Annually 10 thousand patients get medical treatment and over 27 thousand patients get consultations and recommendations.
All researches are hold with modern equipment:
Spiral computerized tomographic system СТ/е DUAL Plus (USA) with laser development chamber "Kodak" (Japan), Digital rontgenologic apparatus "Siemens" (Germany), real time pulse-echo system with color dopler "LOGIQ-5" and "Vivid-3" (USA)
videoimage endoscopy "Fujinon" and "Оlympus" (Japan), Complex for Holter arterial pressure and cardiogram "Dia card" with ultrasound densitometer "Achilles express"
Therapy Research Center by the name of L.T. Malaya under the Ukraine Academy of Medical Sciences one of the biggest progressive medical centre in Ukraine. There are the most modern medical facilities for the treatment and diagnostic of the patients with internal diseases.
Institute Scientists represent Ukrainian medical science at the world forums, All-Ukrainian science and practical conferences, and productively work in Ukrainian and international associations
There are also two specialized editions in the institute "Ukrainian and therapeutic magazine" and "Modern gastroenterology"